Whether you’re a bored teen looking for a fun activity with friends, a parent looking for a fun family activity for your kids, or a teacher looking for a classroom game, Would You Rather (also known as WYR) is a great way to have fun and stimulate your brain. The game often involves funny, unique, or crazy scenarios that require players to choose between one action or circumstance and another.
Here are over 200 good Would You Rather questions for teens to get the party started. There are questions here that will make you laugh, questions that will teach you about yourself and others, and tough questions that will be nearly impossible to answer.
Entertaining Would You Rather Questions for Teens
Here are some general teenage Would You Rather questions to get the party started. Similar to Truth or Dare, players take turns asking and answering questions in this lively icebreaker game. You can play this fun activity with a partner or in a group.
It will get people talking because the questions are a little more complex than Yes or No questions. Each question begins with the phrase “Would you rather,” followed by any of the questions. If you’re looking for ways to play in a group or classroom, scroll down for ideas on how to make the game more interesting or ways to make it more engaging.
You can start a lively round of gameplay with good Would You Rather questions, whether you want to ask about real-life scenarios or more fantastical topics.
- Do you want to be really strong or really fast?
- Would you rather be Deadpool or Ironman?
- Have you ever had a flat tire or run out of gas?
- Would you rather live with your parents and have a great job or live on your own and be jobless and broke?
- What would it be like to be a member of the royal family or the president of a country?
- Is it better to combine breakfast and lunch or lunch and dinner?
- Do you live in the same house your whole life or do you live in a different house each day?
- Do you want to become an older adult or go back to being a baby?
- Do you only buy things online or do you only buy things in stores?
- Would you rather live on a boat in the water or on an airplane in the sky?
- Would you rather be covered head-to-toe in tattoos or hair?
- Would you like to go skydiving or bungee jumping?
- Did you lose your only set of car keys or your phone?
- Is it possible to control minds or read minds?
- Would you like to travel to another galaxy or dimension?
- Is it better to stop using paper or to stop using plastic?
- Did you accidentally send a text to the wrong person or post an embarrassing picture on social media?
- Do you want to get married to someone you don’t know or will you marry someone you don’t know?
- Do you want to drive a racecar or ride in one?
- Would you rather be a superhero or be saved by one?
- Would you rather take a bath or a shower only?
- Do you buy all your groceries at a dollar store or at a gas station?
- Do you want to become a social media influencer or do you want to stay away from it?
- In the summer, do you wear a sweatshirt or a tank top? In the winter, do you wear a tank top or a sweatshirt?
- Have you broken your phone’s camera or screen?
- Have you ever met your favorite athlete or musician?
- Is it better to watch a foreign film with subtitles or a silent film with subtitles?
- Do you want to skip cleaning the bathroom or the kitchen for a month?
- Do you have 10 siblings or none?
- Would you like to be unable to feel anything, or would you like to be hypersensitive to all touch?
- Would you rather have the hottest day of summer or the coldest day of winter forever?
- Would you like to jump out of an airplane or from the top of a mountain with a parachute?
- What’s better, swimming with sharks or swimming with piranhas?
- Do you want to be a ghost or a zombie?
- Are downhill skis going super fast or super slow?
- Do you have a photographic memory or are you able to hear colors?
- Plumbing and electricity have never been invented?
- Is brain surgery performed or heart surgery performed?
- Are you brave enough to walk barefoot over hot coals or ice that is as cold as hell?
- Is it better to give a great pedicure or to get a terrible one?
Funny Would You Rather Questions for Teens
These funny Would You Rather questions will make you think a little, but mostly just make you laugh, making them great questions for this game. If you’re tired of telling funny jokes at school, try these hilarious questions to make your friends laugh.
Whether you’re an introvert or a party animal, these teenage WYR questions will work for you. You’ll enjoy these even if you’re an adult!
- When you laugh, do you sound like a sheep or a chicken?
- Do you get sweaty or gassy when you’re nervous?
- When singing in public, do you forget the words or sing out of tune?
- Is it better to wear a shirt that’s too tight all the time or to wear white from head to toe all the time?
- Are you going to trip and fall in front of your crush or will you throw up?
- Do you know the name or haircut of your great-grandfather?
- Should we only be able to use emojis or should we only be able to use misspelled words?
- Would you rather trade heads with the person on your left or the person on your right?
- Have you ever walked into a brick wall or a glass wall by accident?
- Is there a hair in your food or a fake nail on someone’s hand?
- Do you want a screaming or crying ringtone?
- Do you have the eyebrows or eyelashes of your dreams?
- Do you think you have a spider sense or are a wizard?
- Would you rather be on an island with someone who annoys you or by yourself?
- Do you wash your hair with bar soap or your body with shampoo?
- Is it better to eat a spider or a bee?
- Do you spend all day on the toilet or do you spend all day in the shower?
- Does it smell like onions or garlic?
- Would you rather live with your mom forever or with thirty cats?
- Did you accidentally send an offensive GIF to your boss or grandma?
- Is it better to put regular pants on two legs at a time or to put one-leg pants on one leg at a time?
- Would you rather take a shower outside every day or never take one?
- Are you able to do the worm or the robot amazingly?
- Is ticklishness or sensitivity to noise a problem for you?
- Is your eyebrows or fingernails missing?
- Do you have really loud gas or really stinky gas?
- Do you crawl or run everywhere?
- Do you walk around with your pants zipper down or two middle shirt buttons undone?
- Would you consider getting a tattoo of your own name or the name of your mom?
- Would you rather be sweaty all the time or cold all the time?
- When you have bad breath, do you kiss someone you like, or do you never kiss them?
- Do you store your food in your cheeks or in a hump on your back?
- Do you want to become a centaur or a mermaid?
- Do you have a missing finger or toe?
- Are you afraid of pillows or blankets?
- Have you ever slapped a seal or been slapped by one?
- Does it taste better to eat a peeled banana that’s bruised and mushy or a peeled banana that’s good with the peel on?
- Do you clean the toilet with your hands or with your feet?
- Do you shave your head or do you have hair down to the floor?
- Are they flushed down the toilet or thrown away?
Would You Rather Questions for Tweens and Middle Schoolers
It’s still the in-between phase for tweens where they aren’t quite kids anymore, but not quite teens either. While they are still growing into themselves, they are seeking some independence. For some engaging topics to discuss with tweens and middle school students, try Would You Rather questions.
Middle school Would You Rather questions can still be funny or a little bit out there even though they are appropriate for a younger audience. In pairs, groups, or classroom settings, they’ll be fun for this preteen age group as long as they’re clean and not overly complex.
- Do you make your own bed every morning or cook your own dinner every night?
- Is it better to drink only juice or only soda?
- Will you only watch animated movies forever or will you never watch an animated film again?
- Should you skip the tween years of your life or remain a tween forever?
- Will I only be able to watch Disney+ or will I only be able to watch the news?
- Do you have gray or pink hair?
- For the rest of your life, will you listen to only your favorite musician, or will you never listen to them again?
- Do you want to be famous at your school or in another country?
- Is it better to eat cookies for breakfast or for dinner?
- Is it better to stay home from school whenever you want, or to never have to clean your room?
- Would you rather watch a movie without sound or listen to a movie without pictures?
- Is it better to eat nothing but candy or nothing but cake?
- Would you rather spend two hours more each day in school or go to school all year round?
- Is it better to teach an adult how to be a kid, or to be taught how to be an adult?
- Can you live without pizza or ice cream for the rest of your life?
- How about taking pictures of animals or letting them take pictures of you?
- Is there anything better than a melted popsicle or melted ice cream?
- What is it like to be the principal of your school or to be a student of the principal?
- You didn’t get any Christmas presents or Halloween candy?
- Are you more likely to do chores you enjoy and less often the ones you hate?
Would You Rather Questions for High School Students
You will have some of the best memories in your life during your high school years. High school life is covered in these Would You Rather questions, so they’re perfect for teens to play with their friends or for teachers and parents to entertain their students.
With these teen question topics, you can break the ice at a high school club meeting or make a casual get-together more enjoyable.
- Have you been banned from TikTok or Instagram?
- Get caught starting a rumor or being the subject of one?
- Will you never be able to play sports or watch sports?
- Is your phone being taken away by your teacher or your parents?
- Will you only be able to send text messages or will you only be able to receive them?
- How about playing video games after school or reading a book?
- Do you want to be the class clown or the teacher’s pet?
- Why not have a pizza party or a movie day?
- Is it better to have emotional conversations with your friends every day or not?
- Do you wake up early to get ready every day or wake up with 5 minutes?
- For a month, be grounded or not allowed home?
- At prom or senior picture day, do you have a huge pimple?
- Tennis or basketball?
- Do you want to be super involved in clubs and sports or not?
- Every semester, take an extra math or English class?
- How about a tandem bike or skateboard commute?
- Do you learn something new yourself or from a mean teacher?
- Have a few really good friends or a lot of friends you’re not close to?
- Band or drama club?
- Do you have to ask your parents for money or get a job?
Graduation Would You Rather Questions
Getting closer to graduation will require you to make some difficult decisions. Answer some Would You Rather questions about graduation and life after high school.
- Is your 5-year-old self better than your 115-year-old self?
- Spend a week at a cozy lake house or take a cross-country road trip?
- To celebrate graduation, skydive or bungee jump?
- Work full-time or go to college?
- Graduation party or gifts not received?
- Do you take a year off before college or start right away?
- Are you moving across the seas or living nearby?
- University or trade school?
- Single or with a boyfriend/girlfriend in college?
- Do you have early morning or night classes?
- Do you only take online classes?
- Taking lots of naps or unlimited coffee?
- Do you go to parties every night or never?
- Get your dream internship for no pay, or a high-paying internship you hate?
- Do you want to tutor?
- What’s your best friend’s or boyfriend’s/girlfriend’s school?
- Part-time work and full-time school, or full-time work and part-time school?
- In a dorm or with your parents?
- Get free textbooks and unlimited meals?
- Do you go to college for two extra years or for two years?
Would You Rather Questions for Teen Couples
To spark interesting conversations with your boyfriend, girlfriend, or partner, you might want good questions to ask. Asking each other Would You Rather questions will help you learn about each other’s preferences in a fun way, such as what you enjoy doing for dates.
These lighthearted questions will freshen things up even if you’ve been together a while.
- Do you want to hang out with me?
- Date night at the movies or a concert?
- Not being able to hear or see me?
- Having a long-distance relationship or being together all the time?
- Too soon or too late to say “I love you”?
- Can we text as much as we like if we see each other a lot, or only text the minimum once a week?
- How about binge-watching or reading?
- Let me dress you every day or wear matching shirts?
- Is there a picture of me or your celebrity crush everywhere?
- Would you never be able to stop telling me how much you love me?
- Sit by each other in just one class, or in many classes together but not together at all?
- You win or I win?
- What’s better, detention or no detention?
- Would you like an expensive vacation or promise ring?
- Do you have the same haircut or clothes as me?
- Long beard or curly mustache?
- Is my partner my girlfriend/boyfriend?
- Do we tell everyone everything about our relationship or do we keep it to ourselves?
- Do you have separate friend groups or the same?
- Do you want to risk getting in trouble or sneak out?
- How similar are they?
- Make a delicious meal together or go for a run?
- Do you hate each other’s family or friends?
- How about sharing a toothbrush?
- How about a kiss or a hug?
- What if you wear ugly clothes on a date?
- Sporting event or snuggle?
- Do you watch rom-coms or scary movies every night?
- Do you make every night a date night or never?
- Like the same music or movies?
Would You Rather Family Questions for Teens to Ask
When given difficult options, these would you rather questions make you think about family life. For an interesting way to pass the time, you could even ask your family members directly.
- Own a bedroom and share a bathroom or share a bedroom but each have their own bathroom?
- Would you trade places with your parent or a sibling?
- Have your mom or sibling write your texts?
- Do you want to share a room with your sibling or not?
- Do you want to live together forever or never?
- Have your family all be mean to you for a day?
- Do you take turns making dinner alone or together?
- Are you adding a person or a pet?
- Know each other’s business or not?
- Is your sibling sharing your phone?
- Is there a common face or body?
- Like the Brady Bunch or Addams Family?
- Be related by blood and dislike each other, or love each other and dislike each other?
- How about a beach vacation or a mountain hike?
- Do you have too many or not enough family traditions?
Difficult and Deep Would You Rather Questions for Teens
You will think long and hard before answering deep questions. For some of these, you may find it nearly impossible to come up with a sure answer, so just give it your best shot.
- Famine or world peace?
- Do you want your whole life on TV or to never watch TV again?
- Having everything and unable to speak or knowing nothing but talking nonstop?
- Do you make one perfect friend in your lifetime or one every day?
- Meet a deceased family member or famous person you’ve never met?
- Can you live without a soul?
- Would you rather win the lottery or go back in time?
- Do you want to be a nice person who looks nice or a bad person who looks nice?
- Create world peace or live during a time of peace?
- Do you want to stay a teenager forever?
- Would you rather save all the animals or all the children?
- Do you step in when you see bullying or fight your own bully?
- Would society revert to ancient times or skip a thousand years?
- Would you rather win a billion dollars and give it away or spend it all on yourself?
Ideas for Playing Would You Rather Questions
WYR can be played casually with a friend or two, but there are lots of ways to make it more interesting or to play in groups. The following variations might be of interest if you’d like to try something new:
- Ten or fifteen seconds are good time limits.
- People who won’t answer their question must complete a dare.
- Make all questions related to Disney characters or music.
- Students can journal on their favorite question in middle school or high school.
- Name a winner based on teens’ favorite questions.
- If you are doing a group class game, have players go to one side or the other. Teams can explain why they chose their answers.
- Have a group discussion about why the most popular answers were popular if playing with a group.
- Just to keep it fun, give out small prizes or candy for randomly answering questions.
- Ask students to raise their hands with their eyes closed if you’re a teacher. Reveal the answers to the group for further discussion.
Start the Fun With Would You Rather Questions
There’s nothing better than Would You Rather or other question games like This or That for parties, sleepovers, or nights out. You can learn more about friends, family, and even yourself by asking revealing questions. You’ll never be able to stop asking, “Would You Rather?”?”